Monday, August 09, 2004

Ode to Murd... Awww...

It's finally starting to hit me that I am leaving on Thursday. It feels like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished. I still need to update my resume, type a cover letter and pack. I started packing today and my suitcase is really heavy. I've only packed about two weeks worth of stuff, but it is still heavy. I am dreading the thought of lugging that thing around England and Ireland. I am going to have to see if I can eliminate anything from the suitcase. But then I think to myself that I am in fact packing for a year. So two weeks worth of stuff ain't all that bad..

My mom's making me feel guilty about the lack of time that I am spending at home. And do you know what? I do feel bad about that. She has taken time off work this week. And she had made all these plans to hang out and spend some quality time together - she wanted to take me out for lunch, go to a movie, cook some nice meals etc. etc. Thus, I have been trying not to go out this week or limiting when I go out to evenings only so I can hang out with my parents. Because I do love them and I will miss them. And even though they have not been too thrilled about the idea of me going to Ireland, I know that they want what's best for me. And I do want to spend time with them.

So tonight I went over to Miranda's condo for dinner and to hang out for a bit. Saying good bye to Miranda was hard. I know it's only for a year and everyone says a year will pass by quickly, which is true, but it is still a year. I think what I will miss most about Miranda is her smiling face and the fact that no matter what she is always there to support you. I have had many good times with Murd - Boston, NYC and of course her wedding stand out as definite highlights. But even the smaller things like being able to go to Murd's to scrapbook or meeting up to go skating, or just chatting at her condo and watching videos will be missed. I will miss just sitting on her couch and reading the US Weeklys, while ignoring poor Murd. But she is always good enough to not mind and still invite me back. Anyway, when it came time to leave, I didn't want to leave, because I know it'll be a whole year before I'm back in that condo again. But it had to be done... And when she poked her head out into the hallway, and I got into the elevator, it just made me recognize how much more real this whole thing is. And how much I will miss Murd. And then getting into my car and driving home and hearing Angel by Sarah McLachlan made me even sadder.

And now I must finish packing or it will never get done..........

PS - Murd, don't worry about me opening the package. I am afraid of the threat to spam my e-mail as I am sure you will follow through!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

As I read this blog...it hit me that we won't be "star-gazing" or scrapbooking for the next year (possibly longer??!!). Everyone thinks I'm nuts when I ask them to go to the Justin concert with me (can you believe it? Hottie Justin!!?!) I got teary-eyed as I read your blog. I admit it, what I will hate the most is missing you...but I'm just happy knowing that you're doing something you've been wanting to do for a long time. SO GO FOR IT!!! Have loads of fun and keep those postcards coming, when you can!!!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home